Support

Search results for ""

Sorry, no results found. Perhaps you would like to search the documentation?
All Topics
carin

4.2 Plugin pulling resources

I had just installed the 4.2 plugin, and was trying to make changes to products, and every time I made a change I would get this error, which would hang for 3-5 minutes on every product change:”Connection lost. Saving has been disabled until you’re reconnected. We’re backing up this post in your browser, just in case.”

I called my hosting company, and they said the plugin was the culprit, and it was pulling too many resources – so much that it brought my site to it’s knees! As soon as it was disabled, it worked fine.

Please let me know if there is a fix for this, otherwise I’ll need to get my $ back since it’s useless to me if it won’t work.

6 years, 2 months ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

Hi Carin,

I’m sorry to hear that our plugin gives some issues on your environment.
Do you only have this issue on your product overview page?
If so, can you tell me how many products you have? Our plugin could be heavy on performance on large datasets, especially sortings can give some performance problems. Could you see if you’re sorting on a specific column on that overview? You can click the ‘reset sorting’ button on top of the overview to remove all sorting preferences. In that case, I expect the overview should run normally.

6 years, 2 months ago
carin

It happens when I’m editing a product (IN an individual product page). I make a change, and before I can even save the changes, the prompt and delay comes up. When I disable the plugin, this does not happen.

I have apx. 50 products.

6 years, 2 months ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

Hi Carin,

Is there a way I can try to reproduce this on your environment?
This seems like a specific use case and I like to help you further.
Can you contact me at support@admincolumns.com?

6 years, 2 months ago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.